Scope to Create Idyllic North-Facing Family Home in Ideal, Serene Location
Zoning: R3 – Medium Density Residential. Zoned to potentially develop townhouses, duplex or semi-detached residences (STCA).
The picturesque first impression of this cottage provides the backdrop where architectural and design creativity can transform it into a sprawling family home. Perfectly liveable throughout as is, this provides the opportunity to spend time living in the serene and sun-drenched location while considering the options that can fully capitalise on this extraordinary Lower North Shore address.
The original cottage has been extended to provide multiple living areas over a split level footprint with the three bedrooms at the front of the residence retaining many of the original features and much of the charm of the earlier home. This includes generously proportioned rooms under high ceilings laced with intricate plasterwork while the main living area is equally expansive and the family bathroom is spacious and sunlit.
The flow continues to the spacious kitchen with gas cooking, then a second large family room that opens to a vast rolling lawn in a north facing garden creating a secluded realm fringed by gardens. This expanse also includes a large workshop that could be reimagined as either a home office or separate accommodation. Equally alluring is the address, in a quiet street this home is a mere 170 metres from Willoughby village shops and express buses, close to parklands and great schools.
– Character & charm, option to immediately settle in then expand & modernise
– Generously proportioned bedrooms at front of the home off the original hallway
– Expansive living room, air conditioning & large sunlit family bathroom with bath
– Footprint extended on split levels to add a family room opens to a covered patio
– Lower level includes large laundry with kitchenette features plus 2nd bathroom
– House opens to a vast north facing lawn that flows past a built-in barbeque patio
– Workshop that could be reimagined as a home office or accommodation
– Approx. 612 sqm block basis for remodelling to create contemporary home
– Just 170 metres to Willoughby village shops, pub and eclectic cafes & restaurants
– Close to express buses to CBD, North Sydney & Chatswood, stroll to Artarmon Station
– Moments to M1, connections to all major Sydney arterial motorways, minutes to CBD
– Close to schools, Northbridge Plaza, Chatswood, St Leonards & North Sydney CBDs
Contact Jonathon De Brennan on 0402 776 887 for further information or to arrange a private inspection.
** All information regarding this property is gathered from sources we consider to be reliable, however we cannot guarantee or give any warranty to the information provided.